Facts about me
- I can’t remember when I didn’t want to be an author. I wrote my first story in Kindergarten, and I still have it (thanks, Mom!). It was about a princess, a dragon, and a knight, so… not much has changed.
- I graduated from the University of Michigan. (Go Blue!)
- My favorite Doctor is Ten (with Rose Tyler, as it should be—FIGHT ME), but Nine was my first, and you never forget your first Doctor.
- I love ballroom dancing (that’s how I met my husband! See pic at right).
- I have two boys, and the oldest just started Kindergarten. I’m more worried about how the teachers will react to me than about his success (he’ll be fine; I’m…assertive).
- Costumes I’ve worn in public: Jem, She-Ra, Wonder Woman (before everyone knew she was cool!), Princess Peach, Princess Buttercup, Agent Lucy Wilde (my son really wanted to be a Minion), Galadriel
- I carry teabags in my purse because you never know when you might want tea, like airplanes that carry only Lipton, fancy dinners that don’t have decaffeinated black tea for drinking with dessert—you know, the usual. My writing ritual requires tea and I drink unhealthy quantities of it.
- If I could be anywhere right now, it would be on a tropical beach with a drink that has a little umbrella in it.
- Chocolate is life and you can’t persuade me otherwise. I’ve now trained myself to like dark chocolate, and the best chocolate bar I’ve ever tasted is Divine Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle. If you bribe me with that I will do almost anything for you.
- I’m a Ravenpuff. When asked whether I’d rather be right or kind, the former wins but the latter is what I try to do.
- When I have to choose a favorite book, it’s always The Blue Sword, by Robin McKinley. (Corlath! *swoon*)
About My Book
My manuscript aesthetic collage will reveal to you that I’m no graphic designer, though I wish I were. (There must be an online tool somewhere that converts Pinterest boards to pretty pics, but I did this manually.)
An ugly alchemist makes a magic mirror, only to discover that beauty doesn’t fix her problems and magic always has a price. In the tradition of Wicked and The Forbidden Wish, my YA fantasy novel The Alchemist’s Mirror brings to life the backstory of Snow White’s stepmother in a 14th century that never was.